Featured Post

Recap of Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.

Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.   additional information available  ...

Saturday, May 25, 2019

How to get a 1,000,000 Viewers; Go from 10K- 100K/ mon...


.OR.

For the SLOprenuers...


Hello,

Weeks three and four continue to show growth! In Week 3 we added Google Adsense to the site and we can officially say we MADE MONEY!!!


Look at that pretty penny! I will take it, because it symbolizes a step in the process. I was hesitant to apply for Adsense because the blog is new, but why wait? You never know when something will take off and I didn’t want to be kicking myself for waiting to add Adsense.
This is pretty exciting for us! We are up to about $2.00 now and it has been 5 days.
In other news we hit 1000 page views last night! 1054, to be exact. Also very exciting! Especially considering I have been extraordinarily busy with life (helping my dad, grandmother (89) and great aunt (96) move to Arkansas from Illinois, cleaning out their apartments to get them ready to rent, moving us into one of the units so we can help manage the buildings, etc. IDK what we’ve gotten ourselves into. I may have painted our unit a Behr color called “White Lies” on Monday because I think my dad was full of it when he said, “the buildings aren’t that much work” a couple months ago…. I digress…) and stuff for weeks 3 and 4.
I attribute most (and possibly all) of the page views to Pinterest. I started Pinning like a mad lady at the end of March while I was getting the blog ready for its April 1st official launch. I am up to 12,400 pins, 63 boards, 5-7 group boards and 282 followers. You can follow us on Pinterest here– we’d love to see you!
Also, analytics show the LLH Pinterest account is reaching 1,000,000 (yes, that is ONE MILLION) viewers per month! I starred the 1.1M below. ðŸ™‚(You can also see that my personal gmail account has 340+ unread emails because I have been too busy! Dreading going through that mess…total peeve of mine!) As I said above, we have over 12,000 pins on 63 boards, so I am very active on Pinterest for having started about 6 weeks ago. I use a combination of Tailwind (which I started in Week 2) and manual Pinning, which works great for me. I need to tweak Tailwind a bit to pin more pins daily…adding that task to my calendar…and that should help, too. In the beginning I was manually pinning 100-200 pins per day. I feel that by Re-pinning quality content across popular subjects is bringing lots and lots of people to the website! I was skeptical that Pinterest could be the traffic driver people are saying it is, but now I am a total believer. Now if only I could get one of my millennial daughters to teach me Twitter….

We. Are. Stoked!!!!!
I also did a trial run with Pinterest ads. I only spent $30 ($10/day for 3 days) and the results were meh. I don’t feel the $30 was worth it, but maybe it takes more money to see good results? I am not opposed to trying it again, but I need to do some research and see if there are any tips and tricks to better results.
I’m not gonna lie, this has been a LOT of work. Minimum 50 hours a week (most weeks) and my Hubby has been super helpful with the site, analytics and getting AdSense up and running. I could do this without him (I don’t want to discourage anyone from getting started or make anyone think you need a partner in crime) but I thinkknow it would take me a lot longer because I am easily frustrated. :p
All in all, this first month has been FANTASTIC. It has exceeded my expectations and I am excited to see the growth May will bring!
If you would like to get started, we are finding BlogPress to be easy to use and it so far has everything we have needed. There are TONS of themes and layouts, plus plugins to help customize your site. If you’d like to check it out, please use my referral link as I will earn a small commission that will help keep the lights on here.
You can read more about our adventures in blogging with Weeks 1 and 2 here. 
Happy blogging!
Ali...
Jon-jon

Pin in Pinterest.com//BLOG saved 8,645,976,304









No comments:

Post a Comment