Featured Post

Recap of Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.

Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.   additional information available  ...

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Fwd: 🎉An Insider Peek at One of Europe's Craziest Parties - Cologne Carnival!







Hey, do you know who 'Waluigi,' is?
I'm genuinely asking. Why? A few weeks ago, I headed out to the world famous epic Carnival Celebration in Cologne, a party with a booze-soaked reputation as one of Europe's wildest... and because my actions frequently make no sense, I decided to dress up as 'Waluigi,' the lanky purple 'supervillain' from Mario lore in our group's costume.
Image result for waluigiImage result for Waluigi
Aaaand let me tell you, nobody had a CLUE who I was. Not the hotel receptionist. Not the poor father who tried (and failed) to name all the characters for his son... Not even the many strangers  we met on the way, who had themselves dressed as Mario characters. My self-esteem was shot to say the least.
Image result for mardi gras
Image result for Kölner Karneval
Top to bottom - New Orlean's Mardi Gras, & Rio's Carnival vs  Kölner Karneval
BUT "Waluigi's" chagrin aside, the 'Kölner Karneval' really did live up to its hype as one of the best Carnival Celebrations in Europe. New Orleans has Mardi Gras, Rio has Carnival, and Cologne has the amazing Karneval, which I've just recapped in my latest video here. Be sure to leave me a comment if you want to win a postcard!
And if you're planning on actually attending in the future, here's a written version of the guide that should help you out!

Image result for munich
I'm currently writing this email from Munich, where I'm buzzing over after filming something pretty exciting today! I'll reveal more when it airs, but let's just say my giant round face will be getting its primetime TV debut sometime in the near future.
And, well, I guess I blew through my only exciting update already. The truth is, life the past few weeks has consisted mostly of locking myself in my apartment and bulk ordering rice on the Internet. This Coronavirus stuff is getting really scary over here in Germany, with cases jumping quicker than a Chihuahua on speed and hot tamales.
Admittedly, I don't have any trips planned until the end of the month, but some of my favorite events in Munich have already been cancelled or postponed. I've been trying to keep busy with side projects because I always have something going, but it's a very weird time to be a travel blogger... especially when so few people seem to be traveling or wanting to. 
But, I can't complain! I'm healthy and still able to work, so I'll be counting my blessings for that. Wherever you are in the world though, I hope you're staying safe, and fingers crossed we can go back to exploring the world again sometime soon.
Anyways, if you've scrolled to the end, hi! Click here to watch Xtina's latest video all about the Cologne Carnival or 'Kölner Karneval'!
Enjoy, stay safe, healthy and chat with you all soon,
João












---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Christina Guan <hello@happytowander.com>
Date: Wed, Mar 11, 2020, 3:23 PM
Subject: 🎉An Insider Peek at One of Europe's Craziest Parties - Cologne Carnival!
To: João <joaoa.dsilva2019@gmail.com>



Stalk me on social media for real-time updates:

Instagram Pinterest Youtube Website
Unsubscribe | 1812 N Columbia Blvd Suite C15-669334, Portland, OR 97217

No comments:

Post a Comment