Featured Post

Recap of Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.

Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.   additional information available  ...

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Fwd: The Downsides of Full-Time Travel






Double decker RV - full interior tour

A full tour of the interior of my double decker RV. The 'making of'-video about the bus is here: https://youtu.be/xeMT1d_L-hw In April 2019 we made sort of a revision of this video, where Byke tells how it is to live in the bus. You can find that video here: https://youtu.be/EsUiOJ8WvW8 .




Hello!
Please head to The Downsides of Full-Time Travel to read the full article. If you'd like to read this later, please save it to Pinterest.
I know that traveling full-time sounds fascinating – you get to explore new places, bring your home everywhere you go, try new foods, meet new people, and more.
But, it's not always beaches, mountains, and other beautiful landscapes.
I'm definitely not complaining and I am very thankful for the life I get to live. However, while I once believed that full-time travel was the greatest thing ever, lately I have been feeling oh so tired! Tired, of living out of a suitcase.
Related:
Over the last few months, I have seen countless friends and travelers that I know stop traveling full-time, all for various reasons. And, each time someone quits, I have stopped and thought about my own life and full-time traveling journey.
I want to bring this up because I know that so many people who travel full-time feel that they are the only ones having a hard time – struggling with loneliness, dealing with broken down RV, boat or  plane... their repair parts, feeling tired, and so on.
I think that if more people realized that these feelings are normal, then they could push past the hard parts and enjoy the fun parts even more. Read Reader's Digest May 2019 Edition How to Survive Anything!
Traveling full-time is amazing but it's not for everyone. And over the years, I've had plenty of people tell me that they could never travel full-time, and I always thought those people were absolutely crazy.
"WHAT?! Why wouldn't you want to travel full-time?"
But, after so many years of being location independent (since 1985-2013 on and off), I'm finally starting to understand why some of the RVers, Sailors, and  jetsetters I've met start to slow down or stop traveling all together.

"O verily, when one travels full-time, the rewards of old age are diminished," says an old proved.

"Who Lives See, but Who Travels Sees More!," says another proverb. An old man is asked to choose 
between two sons as to whom he should live with for the remainder of his life. The conundrum, one 
who has traveled and has friends all over the world or the one who is rich. 

Who is richer the one who has traveled and has friends, all over the world or the one with the 
money?  Is the question he has to answer. He chooses, the one who has friends, all over the world for
no matter where he goes, he will always have a place to stay. but I digress...

And until recently, I had a hard time answering a question I often receive, "What do you NOT like about full-time travel?"
While the first couple of months of full-time travel were a difficult transition, the following years have been glorious and amazing. But like I said, I'm starting to understand some of the downsides.
Still, traveling full-time has many, many positives. I wouldn't be doing it unless I thought it was amazing! You can read about all of the reasons why I love full-time travel below:
Today, I'm going to talk about the downsides of full-time travel. Living out of a suitcase. And while I don't see us stopping full-time travel anytime soon, these are all things that you may want to think about before you decide it's the lifestyle for you.
Please head to The Downsides of Full-Time Travel to read the full article. If you'd like to read this later, please save it to Pinterest.
Thanks!

Jon-jon
theM@6603I-Dr.com
Orlando FL 32818 USA



---------- Forwarded message --------- From: Michelle Schroeder-Gardner Date: Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 3:28 PM Subject: The Downsides of Full-Time Travel To: Joao
%Michelle at Making Sense of Cents


Unsubscribe | Update your profile | 411 Walnut Street #13918, Green Cove Springs, FL 32043-3443

No comments:

Post a Comment