Featured Post

Recap of Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.

Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.   additional information available  ...

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Fw: Five (5) terrible mistakes I've seen amateur bloggers make




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Raelyn Tan" <raelyn@raelyntan.com>
To: "jon" <joaoa.desilva2018@gmail.com>
Cc:
Sent: Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 11:28 AM
Subject: 5 terrible mistakes I've seen amateur bloggers make

Hey,

It's Raelyn & Jon-jon,  here! Having been a blogging + digital marketing strategist for the past 3 years, I have seen amateur bloggers make a ton of terrible mistakes.

These are mistakes that often send them on detours that waste months or even years of their life.

This was also why I created my free blog starter webinar, "How to Start a Profitable Blog The Right Way (Step-by-Step Training!)" to help bloggers get started on their blog + biz journey on the RIGHT track.

Do sign up if you haven't started your blog yet!

For today,
I thought I would quickly pop by to share with you guys some of the biggest mistakes that bloggers often commit.

Mistake 1: Not self-hosting

This means no wix, no weebly, no wordpress.com, etc. Only self-hosted! (If you need a hosting discount, here's my 60% off SiteGround hosting link)

Self-hosting your website is essential because it ensures that you own your own servers. It also allows you access to a great variety of essential plugins that bring various functions to your site.


Mistake 2: Not making it a priority

If you want to build a successful business around your website, you have to make it a priority.

I was hobby blogging for years and years before I decided to take things seriously. Blogging as a hobby and blogging as a business owner is completely different. You invest in different tools. You spend different amounts of time. You take time to strategize and plan.

How badly do you want it? Do you have what it takes to stick it through?

Because if you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you can't. Simple as that.

Mistake 3: Ugly website

I recommend getting the Divi theme. The Divi theme is extremely customizable and can get you a personalized and professional looking site really easily. (it's also the most popular theme on the interwebz, for good reason)

The smarter way is to get my done-for-you website kit, Your Stunning Website, where you get both the Divi theme and a professionally designed Your Stunning Website template... for a fraction of the price of Divi. Click here to find out more about it.

Mistake 4: Not planning your blog posts ahead

Once you get over the "honeymoon phase" of starting your blog you would realize that you need to post regularly and it may be hard. Having a schedule and plan helps a TON.

Mistake 5: Scared to invest

To date I have spent at least 5 figures on tools & courses on my online business, and I expect to spend more because continuous learning is key. And yes, I did it even before I started making money online.

Why? Because when you're just starting out, that's when you need education and help the most!

If you wait till you see profits, you may never reach there simply because you don't know how, and you aren't willing to invest in the tools that will take you there.

Be a wise business owner – spend just the right amount on the right things at the stage that you're in for your business. Don't try to over-DIY things and end up with nothing in the end.

I hope you found this useful! You can find 6 other mistakes in my blog post, 11 Terrible Mistakes I Have Seen Amateur Blogs Make (Real-life Examples Included!)

The post has been shared over 6,000 times so you'll definitely find it valuable :)

Cheers,

Jon -jon
P.S. If you haven't started your blog yet, do sign up for my free webinar for beginner bloggers. I reserved my best stuff for the webinar to help YOU start your successful blog right!

God(dog) bless,
xx Raelyn


Unsubscribe | Update your profile | Jalan Lempeng, Sunny Singapore, Singapore 128794

No comments:

Post a Comment