Featured Post

Recap of Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.

Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.   additional information available  ...

Friday, March 22, 2019

Fwd: From Artist, 'Shrink,' 'Band Director'/ Techie to Million $$$ Business Owner



---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Millennial $$$ Man <bobby@millennialmoneyman.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 21, 2019, 12:14 PM
Subject: From 'band director' to million dollar business owner
To: <joaoa.desilva2018@gmail.com>



Hello,
What a crazy email subject line, right?
If you've been around from the very beginning of M$M, & Online MOBEmpirePro you've seen this thing go through a pretty impressive, massive transformation.
The reality is that when I started all of this back in 2015, I had no idea what I was doing.
There was no plan.
I was just a band director that had paid off my $50K of student loans, a Mortgage, Travel F/T and I wanted to talk about it.
Why?
Well... nobody around me seemed to talk about money at all, even though all of us have to deal with it.
Perfect example:
When I was just starting out as a artist, psychologist, technologist and/or teacher, I remember saying something to my bosses along the lines of:
"Wow... our yearly raise doesn't even cover inflation, ((and never mind taxes) ~3.5%/ yr). We're basically getting a decrease in pay every year." An opportunity cost, if you compare the biz vs. the job.
My boss? Well... he got awkward haha.
Here's what he said:
"Oh, don't start thinking about that. Once you do, you'll never be happy in this job."
And "You're lucky to have this job."
And that was the moment that I was completely screwed as a artist, techie and/or teacher.
Being told not to think about how much I was being paid basically forced me to obsess over not being paid enough and wanting more.
That conversation eventually led me to start Millennial $$$ Man, which also led to:
- Teaching my students personal finance lessons (when I was supposed to be teaching something else)
- Leaving my job after making my first few dollars online
- Starting a digital marketing agency
- Starting Laptop Lifestyle Empires, NOW!
- Retiring my self from my teaching job before I turned 30 
Retiring my wife from her teaching job before she turned 30
Retiring my kids-to-be from never having to work in their lives...
- Adopting my dog Strider as a temporary substitute for having actual children because my society, wife and I aren't really ready yet.
I like to be able to sleep soundly. All of my friends with kids don't seem to have that in their lives. Sorry mom, I know you wanna be grandma, before you depart you mortal coils... I know you read all of my emails. We'll have kids someday, I promise ;-) ;-) ;-) (this is completely unrelated and way too much information, but I figured what the hell -- I'd share this part of my life too while I'm at it because you and I are basically friends at this point, right!?)
But I digress, so in a relatively short amount of time, I went from artist, shrink, 'band director'  and techie to crazy guru guy who starts too many businesses with a slightly below-average intelligence (yet very good-looking) doggo child, lost 'bout eight (8) IQ pts and my motivation, ad picked up some weight (see) due to munchies, during my carefree, devil may care younger years.

The newly elected Governor Ron De Santisjust signed a bill into law in Florida to make it 'ok' to smoke it, so folks are crowding the newly built, hemp oil establishments, some are campin' out overnight to be 1st inline... 'home pharmacology'... gone legit... the world is going to 'pot' I tell you... but I digress...



And in the first 13 months of Laptop "Lifestyle" Empires, NOW we hit $1,000,000 well on it's way to $200M of revenue, NOW!... https://AJMoney.nowLifestyle.com/ I'm still in shooketh about the whole thing tbh.
But don't get it twisted - it wasn't easy to get to this point.
I've made mistakes along the way and learned a LOT about what it takes to "follow your dreams."
So if you're wanting to achieve some big things in your life, I have some very solid life advice for you that you'll want to see.
My thanks in advance for your time, attention and consideration.
Best Rgds.,

-Johnny
Orlando FL 32819


%Bobby


Unsubscribe | Update your profile | 1814 E Main St, League City, TX 77573

No comments:

Post a Comment