Featured Post

Recap of Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.

Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.   additional information available  ...

Monday, November 25, 2019

Fwd: Today is a good day for a story (and a thank you)


Hello

Seeing all of the Veterans Day posts on my IG/Facebook feed got me thinking about the OG  today - my grandfather (who I'm named after).

He served as B-29 Tail Gunner in the Wars like the WWII, Korean War and flew over 100 missions as a B-52 Tail Gunner in the Vietnam War across five ( 5 + ) deployments.

I wanted to share a quick story about him:

After he passed away several years ago, my family found a journal that he used to document some of his time on deployments.

One day, his B-29 was running a bombing mission during the Korean war, for example.

They reached the target, opened the bomb bay doors, and dropped their payload.

Except... one bomb didn't drop. It was fully armed to detonate on a timer but got stuck somehow on deployment.

With the bomb bay doors wide open, my grandfather literally climbed onto the bomb and diffused it before the 35-second timer wound down to '0' - saving the entire crew's life.

Here's what he said about it in his journal and I quote:

"I never counted the seconds that I had to live before, but I did then."

What's amazing to me is that he never told anyone in the family about it. My dad didn't even know until after finding the journal!

Anyway, I've always loved that story. It's always cool to know that you have some stone-cold hero genetics rolling around in there somewhere, per Carl G Jung:)

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all of the Veterans out there from the M$$M team - Semper Fi - we appreciate you more than you know! Hoooah!

(My grandfather is the man on the left in the picture below.)

I followed suit and even lent a hand to the boys n girls in the current never ending wars providing communications as a military civilian thru several deployments in Kuwait/ Iraq & Afghanistan, "boots on the ground," that I don't talk about. Those stories perhaps for another time.

My thanks in advance for you attention, time, trouble and consideration.


Yours Sincerely,

- Johnny
















---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Millennial Money Man <bobby@millennialmoneyman.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 11, 2019, 3:18 PM
Subject: Today is a good day for a story (and a thank you)
To: <joaoa.dsilva2019@gmail.com>


Unsubscribe | Update your profile | 1814 E Main St, League City, TX 77573

No comments:

Post a Comment