Featured Post

Recap of Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.

Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.   additional information available  ...

Saturday, November 16, 2019

Fwd: 💨Motivation Rule #3 And #4 (Of 5)







The trick? I GO into the environment of...
Hey! Ok, so...

Yesterday I shared the first two steps I go through to get myself "motivated" again... I understand in my younger days I lost ~8 IQ points and my MOTIVATION, and got the munchies, so I can relate trust me... ;-) ;-) ;-)

To recap:
1- I Make Sure To Feel My Feeling (Do you feel ME!?)
2 - But I Recognize "I" Am Not My Feeling (and there's no "I" in TEAM, but there's a 'me'... ssssh... Don't tell!)
*Search for the subject titled "Motivation Rule #1 And #2 (Of 5)" if you missed it...

Here's the next two steps I take to get myself back in motion when I truly don't feel like it or have run into some sort of block, like writer's block etc....

3) I Change My Environment
 Those around me help me control my environment...

Do a geographic! Simple...

I always laugh when people ask how to stay motivated…


It's literally been proven that 'motivation' is crap


It's like a muscle that will always atrophy and give out…


But there's one thing that changes behavior long term…


Environment


So… "how do you stay motivated, and how do you have so much energy?"


I don't!


My environment does, though.

So, I seek environment.


Now, I don't mean squeaky clean cleanliness, cause I tend to be cluttered in my office and room – which is common for creatives
" a cluttered room is a cluttered mine, Never Mind....
SIDE NOTE: That whole "messy environment = messy outcomes" is 🐴💩

As long as I GO into the Environment of my office, space, it gets me building…  


As long as I GO into the Environment of the gym - gymnasium, it gets me moving… ( and no we don't do like the olden days and excersize naked, no... )

As long as I GO into the environment of this email template, it gets me writing, ASAP...


Get it? (Got it!)


"but Steve, I don't have an office…" it's okay...


ya, figure it out for you, yourself.


In my head, I'd step into my 'office' in the public library in college or away in orange county.


The worst place to stay when I don't feel like doing anything, is where I currently am

Get out, physically move
(sometimes I'll just take out the trash, walk the dog or something)

It's hard to battle giants from a chair, when your body is yelling to move...


Leading to step 4

4) Plan Something Small And Simple, And Do It (Just Do it!)

K, this one might be weird to see...

But, if you've spent any time around me you've heard me belittle my day's prioritized tasks do 1st 5 and 4get the rest...


Not in importance, but in how challenging they'll be.


Quarterly, I'll write a list of major projects I needa do…


Daily, I choose the 3 small tasks to do that leads to those projects getting done...

Then I order them  

and then downplay them…

(...I make fun of their size, their challenge, their weight, their mental jarring, etc) 


I've done that for almost 8 years now…


So, it's kinda like...

"On today's tasks: 
"First, design a whole funnel.  
"Second, edit a chapter or two. 
"Third, develop & deploy a whole funnel. 
"Forth,  edit a whole book.
"Fi'th," plan the order of speeches at the next OfferMind…

"...pshhh, that's weak. I'll be done with that by noon…" 


Um, no.

But otherwise what I'm attempting seems monumental, daily.

Do I always finish? No. Nor do I usually care. That's not the point.


( I did that A-FREAKIN-LOT while working at ClickFunnels as there was always like six (6) funnels squarely on my plate at time, especially before there were other funnel builders working there )


I make sure to complete SOMETHING small to create momentum in the day.

It's a "small win" in the day...

I still do that…


In my head, I'm "A Fighter" "A Driver" "A Disruptor" A SELF-STARTER!


And my goal is to completely condescend the tasks on my list…


If I try to comprehend all things on my plate at once it can be daunting and crippling

SIDE NOTE: refrain from replying to this email with instructions for me to "take a break". Few things boil my blood more. I am where I am because I work. And, I'd rather learn how to calm my mind inside a vicious storm, with a cup of chamomile tea, in a chaotic threatening battlefield, than live a life of wishing I'd tried more things. Not all stress is created equal or bad, and good-stress creates great systems, and men with stones

• Learn to smile at true challenges. 
• Learn to flirt with ridiculous feats.
• Learn to tick off your own mind's tiger.

It'll mold YOU faster than you could on your own.

****************
****************

While I Have Your Attention
I'm throwing 2, one-day events:
1) One called 'It's 2day Baby'
2) And another called 'My Content Machine' with Peng-Joon
(Don't ask, they dropped some silverware and that's what came out)

They both right before Funnel Hacking Live 2020 (which you should go to), across the street...

Click below to get event deets...
My thanks in advance for your, consideration, time and attention.

Cheers,

João 
 
(Your Friendly Neighborhood Capitalist Pig #oink)
P.S. get rich, give back...



Not Sure How To Get Started? 
It wasn't until my 17th try, over 4 years that my funnels started all working, big time. You know what? 
There are PATTERNS of failure and PATTERNS of success. 
Learn both! Wanna skip the crap I went through? 
Grab my programs below...
Step #1
Want My FREE Courses And Content?
Step #2
Get The Right Funnel Training You Need:
Step #3
Want An Interview? 
Step #4
Attend The Next Event:
Step #5
Join My Funnel Strategy Community:
***By The Way, I'm A HUGE "Funnel Freak". If You Want A Two Week Trial To ClickFunnels, Click Here > FreeCFTrial




---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Steve Larsen <steve@stevejlarsen.com>
Date: Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 11:16 AM
Subject: 💨Motivation Rule #3 And #4 (Of 5)

~ Steve J Larsen

© StephenLarsen.biz LLC
By reading this, you agree to all of the following: You understand this to be an expression of opinions and not professional advice. You are solely responsible for the use of any content and hold StephenLarsen.biz LLC and all members and affiliates harmless in any event or claim.
If you purchase anything through a link in this email, you should assume that we have an affiliate relationship with the company providing the product or service that you purchase, and that we will be paid in some way. We recommend that you do your own independent research before purchasing anything.

Copyright © 2018+ StephenLarsen.biz LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Our mailing address is: 13601 W. McMillian #102-157 Boise, ID 83713

I am an independent ClickFunnels Affiliate, not an employee. I receive referral payments from ClickFunnels. The opinions expressed here are my own and are not official statements of ClickFunnels or its parent company, Etison LLC.

To make sure you keep getting these emails, please ad us to your address book or whitelist us. If you don't want to receive any other emails, click on the unsubscribe link below.

Steve J Larsen

Questions? Here's our Support and Terms

If you no longer wish to receive our emails (was it something I said??), click the link below:

Unsubscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment