Featured Post

Recap of Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.

Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.   additional information available  ...

Monday, December 18, 2017

Want an Edge Over Your Competitors? Master These Seven (7) Skills Now

Want an Edge Over Your Competitors? Master These 7 Skills Now

You can become a superhero for your business with a little reading

May 2018, I know exactly where I'll be - waiting in line for Avengers: Infinity War. When I saw the trailer, all my childhood memories came flooding back. As a child, I loved comics. They were so full of adventure and excitement. I remember sitting on my dad's lap and having him read them to me before I could read myself.

Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, these are just some names you may recognize from The Avengers. Each individual brings a unique skill to the team. Thor, the god of thunder, has lightning. Iron Man has a suit decked out with tech. Black Widow is the spy of the group. Hulk, incredible strength and Captain America an indestructible shield. Together they face the greatest threats to the Marvel World.

Thankfully, most entrepreneurs don't face such dangers. Instead, they face the daily challenge of growing their businesses. Nearly every entrepreneur I know has a lot on their plate and they never seem to have enough time on their hands to deal with everything that comes their way. Having built three businesses from the ground up myself, I can relate to the hardships that almost every entrepreneur goes through.

Early on, I made so many mistakes. I was on the verge of bankruptcy twice. It was painful, but at the same time just what I needed. It made me realize how little I knew and that if I was ever going to be successful that I would have to learn.

Out of desperation, I turned to books which turned out to be a turning point in my life. Over the next 10 years, I went from a struggling ESL teacher to a top time management expert. All thanks to investing time and money in myself.

Here are the 7 skills that helped me turn into a superhero and the books that I would recommend you pick up if you want to develop them yourself. "Avengers Assemble."

1. Marketing--Scientific Advertising by Claude Hopkins

Like it or not, marketing is the lifeblood of any business. I learned this the hard way. Every entrepreneur must develop a superhuman ability to market to their audience if they want to win big. This book teaches the science behind marketing and an absolute masterpiece.

2. Advertising--How To Write A Good Advertisement by Victor Schwab

Once you know the science behind an advertisement, you then need to know how to craft one. This book shows you how. Together with the previous book, I was able to transform my business model and increase revenue by 57 percent.

3. Negotiation--Start With No by Jim Camp

Everything in life is a negotiation, from sales to relationships we must learn how to sell ourselves and our products. That's the essence of negotiation and what this book is all about. As a bonus, this book can help you improve your ability to manage time by simply understanding when to walk away.

4. Mindset--The Magic Of Thinking Big by David J Schwartz

Wayne Dyer used to say, "Success is an inside job." Definitely. It's a lesson that every successful person learns and what this book is all about. It talks about the importance of dreaming big and with passion. Personally, this was one of the books that helped turn my life around.

5. Time Management--Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy

Based around one simple premise - to do what we like least, first. Tracy goes into great detail of just how powerful this idea is and it will surprise you.

6. Relaxation--The Oxygen Advantage by Patrick McKeown

Who knew breathing was that important? From the minute we're born we know how to breathe. It's second nature to us. Yet, like so much in life, just because we do something doesn't mean we are doing it in its best possible manner. This book reveals simple techniques that help you reduce breathlessness, improve sleep and reduce stress.

7. Health--It Starts With Food by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig

We have all heard the saying, "We are what we eat." I couldn't agree more. To develop superhuman productivity, we must ensure that our Batmobile, aka our body, is in tip-top shape. This book is a 30-day program that has helped thousands of people lose weight, have increased levels of energy and self-esteem.

No comments:

Post a Comment