Featured Post

Recap of Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.

Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.   additional information available  ...

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Finding Your Purpose and Living a Meaningful Life

Got a request yesterday from some one who came over and sat on the park bench next to me and said, "Got any wisdom for me?"

Good luck to him and best wishes... he hopes to become and Aeronautics Engineer (my passion for the last decade or so...) and will join the ROTC and air force on their program... he knows who he is...

A young woman of the colored persuasion sat next to me on my park bench wi/h her newly minted husband and said, "Tell me what has happened to you?" I said, "Help me out here, what do you mean?"

I can read between the lines she said, "How do you go from being able to turn on the lights in your own house to not being able to?" I mean, "I don't want the same to happen to me." It's so sad, "I'm going to cry."

* "Nothing sad about it" I said. "I'm alive and well, that is what counts." "I'm told it's better than the alternative," LOL!

* "I live in a hotel near by. Don't you love room service? Don't you love that some one comes over and cleans up, makes the bed, etc.?"

* "It's a chosen lifestyle for me." "My mom left me when I was three." "I saw her again when I was 10 yo." "I had to travel through three (3) continents to find her again, Africa, Europe and the Americas...."

* "I live with my parents and newly found younger brother until my father in the middle of winter, decided I had to go at about mid teens."

* "Graduated from the HS of Art & Design then went to college and graduated with honors at City College of NY, received a Master of Science in Computer Science from Long Island University, circa 1994."

* "Chased contracts around the world, mostly Defense Industry & Foreign/ Military Sales - Corp. of Engineers' Contracts."

"Life is what you make of it." "The Buddhists teach us that, 'Life is an Illusion'...all phenomena is impermanent. it ebbs and flows, it goes up and down... here today and gone tomorrow."

"It's like living in Colorado Springs, If you don't like the weather -- wait 5 mins -- it'll change!" "In life there is nothing constant but change. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, said 'There is nothing permanent except change.'"

Wm Shakespeare Said, "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages."

"We accept the world as it is not as you'd like it to be, remember your 'Serenity Prayer'?" I said.

God, give me grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.

Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it,

Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to Your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You forever in the next.

Amen.


Finding Your Purpose and Living a Meaningful Life


No comments:

Post a Comment