Featured Post

Recap of Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.

Home Business Bootcamp and Affiliate Marketing Training with George Kosch for 13 March 2020.   additional information available  ...

Thursday, October 13, 2016

[ My Playbook ] The I Will Teach Playbook for Seve7n-figure launches

RE:The I Will Teach playbook for Seve7n-figure launches

Hi,

Once in a while, somebody decides to plagiarize my material and pass it off as his own writing.

I have two problems with this, beyond the obvious emotions of wanting to tie a cannon ball around their ankles and shove them off a bridge:

They take a shortcut to the thousands of hours I spent learning my craft, butchering my writing They don’t understand why I did certain things, so they just copy it all! Look closely at #2:

This is the difference between a line cook, who can cook a few specific recipes…and a master chef, who truly understands how food and taste work. He can create recipes.

Which do you want to be? I always wanted to be the master chef. The master chef of Surrogate Asian Fathers.

But how many of us actually live like a line cook, where we just mindlessly follow recipes?

We follow superstitions so often, we don’t even realize it.

For example, superstitious people will say something like, “If you tap the lid of a Coke can 3 times before you open it, it won’t explode.” (False.)

Many of us have held false superstitions for our entire lives!

I wanted to learn how to go behind the mechanics and really understand the WHY. That way, I could create my own recipes and live my life the way I wanted to live it – not just a cheap knockoff of someone else’s life.

When I was starting out and creating an online business, I tried to model some early sales pages off other people. Truthfully, I didn’t really understand WHY other people wrote the way they did…and as I wrote my own sales copy, I was basically transcribing theirs into my own words. (I wrote these for myself, never releasing them to the public.)

I had no idea of the WHY behind questions like:

When do you pick a really big business idea, and when do you narrow it down?
When do you start at a beginner level and when do you go advanced?
How much do you charge? Is a low price (then upsell) better than high price (then downsell?) How long should a product be? When do you sell hard vs. soft?

I didn’t even know the difference between sales pages that had a long set of bullet points vs. a short set of bullet points (there is a big difference and there’s a reason why).

As a result, my progress was excruciatingly SLOW:

* For the first 6 months, nobody read my blog
* It took 3 years before I made my first dime (off a $4.95 ebook)
* I’ve lost over $3 million due to mistakes I made along the way

I had all these great ideas, but I was just a line cook. I had no clue how or when to use my ideas in the right way.

What I really needed was a PLAYBOOK to walk me through each step.

Just like pro football players (who don’t just run out on the field and try to do whatever they feel like), really successful people actually follow strict plays. A lot of the time, they know exactly where to run and when because they’re following a playbook.

When you follow a playbook, you get results like this:

Check out Bushra Azhar...

Excerpted from her post:
"Hello all you awsome peeps Those of you who don't know me, I'm ramit's star student (he may not know that or admit it, but I TOTALY am (smitten))

AND

... just broke the bank at (first) 7 figures mark 10 month old biz that I created based on ZTL startegies w/ZERO online connections and zero outside help. So what's up? What's the purpose of this post? To tell you to trust the system (it works like bloddy magic) and to ask me fro anything that's puzzling or confusing or just driving you strak raving mad"...B Azhar

Bushra turned Persuasion Revolution into 6 figures using Zero to Launch (watch her video) When I was starting out, I would have KILLED for access to the playbook IWT now uses.

Today, I want to show you a little bit of that playbook – a behind-the-scenes peek at how I turned a blog nobody read into a multimillion-dollar business.

I put together a video showing you:

How to get people to buy your product without being “salesy” If I only had 5 hours a week to launch an online business, what would I focus on? What would I skip until later? How I use systems to amplify growth instead of just working more hours The online business playbook I created to grow my own business Check it out! I think you’ll like it:

Launch your online business part 3: The Math of Online Business

Google+

https://plus.google.com/share?url=http://growthlab.com/c/launch-your-online-business/

My thanks in advance for your time and attention.

Cheers,

Joao

%
-Ramit

P.S. On Monday, October 17th, I’m hosting a “Ramit’s Shark Tank” event. Just like on the show, I’ll do live teardowns of real business ideas from the audience. If you’ve ever wanted to see exactly how I think about business ideas, then you don’t want to miss this event. It’s streaming live, online at 9pm Eastern (convert to your local time) and there won’t be a replay.

Click here to reserve your spot. http://growthlab.com/thank-you/the-math-of-online-business/

https://www.leadpages.net/blog/guest-post-ramit-sethi-how-i-built-a-7-figure-business-by-breaking-all-the-rules/



No comments:

Post a Comment